QUICK PERSONAL FACTS ABOUT ROB
- Born and raised in Kaysville, Utah
- Lifelong Resident of the First Congressional District
- Graduated with honors from Davis High
- Served two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Germany
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Utah with a degree in Political Science
- Lives in Brigham City with his wife Jeralynn
- They are the parents of 5 children: Shule, Jarom, Zenock, Maren and Jashon
- Former High School history and government teacher for 28 years, at Box Elder High School in Brigham City and Ben Lomond High School in Ogden
QUICK POLITICAL FACTS ABOUT ROB
- Has attended Republican Party Caucuses since the age of 19
- Served in State Legislature representing Brigham City for 16 years
- Unanimously elected Speaker of the State House
- Co-Founded Western States Coalition, a multi-state organization dedicated to protecting states’ rights and promoting Western interests and values
- Has served as a precinct chair
- Former member of the Republican National Committee
- Long-time supporter of the Davis County and Utah Teenage Republicans.
- Elected Utah Republican Party Chairman in 1997 and served for two terms
QUICK CONGRESSIONAL FACTS ABOUT ROB
- Elected as a U.S. Congressman representing Utah’s 1st Congressional District in 2002 replacing retiring Congressman Jim Hansen
- Within his first term, Rob was appointed to serve on his top three choices for House Committees – Armed Services, Resources and Science Committees.
- Within his second term, Rob was appointed by Speaker of the House to serve on the House Rules Committee, a committee which has been dubbed the “legislative gatekeeper” for all House bills.
- Co-Founded 10th Amendment Task Force, a coalition of House Members committed to disbursing power in Washington back to states and individuals.
- Within his fifth term, Speaker John Boehner requested Rob take a temporary leave from the House Armed Services Committee and return to serve on the House Rules Committee.
- Rob currently serves as Chairman of the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands
QUICK FACTS ABOUT ROB’S VOTING RECORD AND CORE CONGRESSIONAL FIGHTS
- Voted against reauthorizing provisions of the Patriot Act
- Voted for Cut, Cap & Balance
- Consistently votes for the leanest budgets
- Has fought against ObamaCare and has voted to repeal it
- Voted against TARP, auto bailouts and stimulus bills
- Voted against Cap and Tax proposal
- Fights for increased production of domestic energy resources for energy independence
- Fights for the securing of our borders
- Lifetime pro-life, pro-family, and pro-Second Amendment advocate
- Fights for strong national defense
- Fights for limited government
- Strongly sustains our Constitution
- Actively supports entitlement reform, tax cuts and reduced spending
- Passionate advocate for local and parental control of our children’s education